Fedora bug triage - workflow proposal

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:21:33 UTC 2008

Created at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JonStanley/BugWorkflow

> I'm not sure how usefull this will be. Maintainers pretty much ignore
> priority now, as reporter (or any package maintainer) can set it...+

Yep, part of the proposal is to change that - it's not mentioned in
the proposal page since the current process of blocker bugs seems to
work.  Maybe not the most efficient thing in the world, but if it
ain't broke....

> What about the above case of NEEDINFO(maintainer)?

Great question, I've never seen this actually used.  Most of the time
it's in NEEDINFO(reporter).  I guess some logic could be used, I'm not
sure of the how good tag support is in the XMLRPC API.  Maybe someone
smarter than me could comment.

> I think this is great! ;)
> I'd be happy to help with triage...

We need all the help that we can get.  Make sure to tell all your friends :)