firewall changes for F-9+

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Thu Jan 17 19:05:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 17:13 +0100, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> Adam Tkac schrieb:
> >> IpSec and IPP as services don't sound very much like desktop
> >> applications.
>
> They do if you have a desktop machine sharing a printer. If the
> system-config-printer tool would open up the IPP port automatically when
> you share a printer that would be fine though.

Does the "sharee" also need the IPP ports open?  So a user would need to
explicitly set "show printers shared by other systems" in
s-c-printers--it couldn't be the default.

ISTR some discussion in the past of why it was a bad idea for
s-c-printers to open and close the ipp and lpr ports.  (Don't have a
link handy, but I think there was a BZ about this issue).

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu