KDE 4.0, Compiz, and Fedora 9

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Thu Jan 17 21:21:49 UTC 2008

Am Do 17.Januar 2008 schrieb Eric Mesa:
> Since KDE 4.0 is going to have its own Composite Manager built in as
> well as many of the same desktop effects as Compiz, I propose that for
> Fedora 9/KDE 4.0 we have Compiz-Fusion not load when the user in in KDE
> (unless they really want it to and then we can have some checkbox they
> can check)

compiz also wasn't auto-loaded in F8. The live image contains a script that
could easily switch between kwin and compiz but it need's some adjustments
for KDE 4. But I haven't found the time to look into that, yet.

And for kde-window-decorator: I don't know if it's already ready for KDE 4.

Sebastian