packaging: new spec filed idea

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:45:01 UTC 2008

2008/1/18, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:

> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > I had so good idea... Zero usability, zero future-thinking...
> > Every idea I have is moving to trash.
>
> Don't take it personally. The issue is that you're mainly an artwork guy
> and
> appear to lack the software development experience to understand the
> practical
> implementation constraints which make many of your ideas impractical to
> actually implement. Some developers have explained why this idea is not
> practically implementable.
>
>         Kevin Kofler
>
> --

So, I have another idea 'bout this.

If app isn't installed, package-x-generic is shown (with Icon: appname in
SPEC), if app is installed, selectedicon is shown or package-x-generic with
some emblem (which would indicate installed state).

It would not require downloading additional metadata or images.

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/