An interesting read when discussing what to do about our bugs...

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 21:49:31 UTC 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 4:17 PM, nodata <lsof at nodata.co.uk> wrote:

> Then don't let people report the bugs into the Fedora bugzilla.

That's not particularly an option, either, since there could be distro
specific or packaging bugs that the 4 maintainers did introduce.  In
this case, I think that the best thing to do is to inform the triage
community (wouldn't be me for KDE since I don't know anything about
it) that the maintainers do not accept bugs which could be reported
upstream, and that the triagers should go ahead and report them
upstream.  Leads to good results for all people - the users that get
some sort of a response, and the maintainers who don't have to worry
about non-packaging bugs.

This is what a good triage team is meant to do - serve as a bridge
between the end-user community and the community of maintainers for a
given set of packages.