Headsup: new (soname changing) glew headed for devel

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Jan 21 20:58:56 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I've prepared a new glew release (1.5.0) to push to rawhide, nothing special
really just a bugfix release, but still upstream decided to bump the version
from 1.5.0 to 1.4.0 and even though there is no ABI breakage, thus change the
soname from libGLEW.so.1.4 to libGLEW.so.1.5 causing explicit ABI breakage :(

I've considered patching things to keep the soname the same, but that would be
too ugly. Anyways since nothing special has changed, a simple rebuild should
suffice to fix all soname breakage.

The following packages are affected (note I ran the query against F-8, for some
reason it returns an empty list against devel)
sdljava-0:0.9.1-5.fc8.x86_64
openmsx-0:0.6.3-1.fc8.x86_64
amanith-0:0.3-5.fc8.x86_64
raydium-0:1.2-4.fc8.x86_64
TnL-0:070909-2.fc8.x86_64
enblend-0:3.0-6.fc8.x86_64

And I know the following 2 are using it too in devel:
ogre-1.4.6-2.fc9.x86_64
scorched3d-41.2-1.fc9.x86_64

I myself will be taking care of rebuilding:
sdljava-0:0.9.1-5.fc8.x86_64
raydium-0:1.2-4.fc8.x86_64
TnL-0:070909-2.fc8.x86_64
ogre-1.4.6-2.fc9.x86_64
scorched3d-41.2-1.fc9.x86_64

Note that due to the alpha release we're about todo I'll postpone the actual
building of the new glew till tomorrow.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans