rpmlint: "non-conffile-in-etc"

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org
Tue Jan 22 09:03:53 UTC 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008 18:37:28 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Patrice Dumas <pertusus <at> free.fr> writes:
> > The bug is certainly in gnome/gconf since those files should certainly
> > be in /usr/share (with a possible override in /etc).
>
> Interestingly, KConfig gets it wrong the opposite way, it puts the schemas
> into /usr/share/config.kcfg (OK) and the config files into
> /usr/share/config (not so OK).

lrineau at schtroumpf ~ $ kde-config --path config
/home/lrineau/.kde/share/config/:/etc/kde/:/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/:/usr/share/config/

That means that /usr/share/config is searched *last*. Config options are first
searched in my home directory, then in /etc/kde, then
in /usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/, then eventually
in /usr/share/config/.

So KConfig does it the right way. :-)

--
Laurent Rineau