Replacing the boot kernel in the installer

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:21:29 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> The best way around it is to use rescue.iso instead.  Since rescue.iso
> has stage2 on it, you can point it at any repo to do the install, like
> your original F8 repo.

Sounds good. I can't find a rescue.iso under development at the
moment, though, so I'm going with (in order) trying to use rawhide
vmlinuz + initrd.img (replacing .buildstamp with the one from F8); and
if that doesn't work, actually replacing the F8 install kernel with
the rawhide installer kernel and ditto the modules in the initrd ...