long term support release

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:25:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:10:15 -0500
David Mansfield <fedora at dm.cobite.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 11:33 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:21:06 -0500
> > David Mansfield <fedora at dm.cobite.com> wrote:

> > > Ok.
> > >
> > > Thanks for listening.
> >
> > He did.  You said "changes to workflow and cycle management" without
> > enumerating what those were.  Since LTS is something that rel-eng isn't
> > going to support, anything other than minor changes wouldn't likely be
> > received well.  But it's sort of hard to say "it might have a chance"
> > when we don't even know what "it" is.
>
> I was not being sarcastic.  I have heard no additional support from my
> idea, and I'm just going to let it die.  Almost every response was
> negative.  I was literally thanking everyone for listening and taking
> the time to give honest and valid feedback.

Ah, then in that case I apologize for my response.  At times it is
difficult to grasp subtle sarcasm from sincerity in emails, and I often
lean towards sarcasm.

I wouldn't walk away from your ideas.  The reason people aren't falling
head over heels for them is that LTS takes work.  Lot's of unglamorous,
often not fun work.  If it's something you'd really like to see,
then you'll have to really work at it to make it happen.  If you do
write up a proposal that takes the comments you've received so far into
account then we'll listen.

josh