Yum, Proxy Cache Safety, Storage Backend

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Jan 24 05:20:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:14:34PM -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> > In fact, I just tried this by hand.  I edited repomd.xml and changed
> > 'primary.sqlite.bz2' to 'primary-1234.sqlite.bz2' and then moved the
> > file on the file system.  Yum client didn't even blink, it happily
> > downloaded the -1234 file.
>
> (away from my computer, can't test this until tomorrow)
> Oh cool!  Can somebody please test how far back in yum versions this works
> and report back here?

Works on FC5, yum-2.6.1-0.fc5, ftp and http baseurls.  I renamed all
the xml files and tested yum install, yum search, yum info, yum
provides.  No problems.

This change would help enormously with people stuck behind transparent
proxies, often without their knowledge.