Requesting feedback for unaccepted Fedora features

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 14:35:56 UTC 2008

Chuck Anderson said the following on 01/23/2008 06:00 PM Pacific Time:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 03:49:21PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
>> In addition, the following features are targeted for Fedora 9 in their
>> writeup, but are not in CategoryProposedFedora9.  If you have no intention
>> of completing them for Fedora 9,
>> please remove Fedora 9 as the targeted release so that there is no
>> confusion that it will not be in Fedora 9.  These features will never be
>> raised for acceptance by FESCo.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureXULRunner
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewGdm
>
> So what happens if these never get officially "accepted" as Fedora 9
> features?  Do we rip out XULRunner and back down to the old GDM?  Who
> is going to enforce that?

NOTHING. They stay there indefinitely.  The important distinction here
is that these features are in *CategoryProposedFeature*--which means
they are NOT being proposed for acceptance for a release.

I have been raising them here to bring attention to them because some
people have not followed the complete process described here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy and had thought their
feature was on the radar for acceptance to Fedora 9.

For the Fedora 10 development process I will not send out these
notifications as hopefully by then we will all understand the process :)

John