long term support release

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:26:49 UTC 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 12:08 AM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> Unless I am wrong new builds aren't allowed for EOL releases. And I also
> guess that at some point mirrors are shut down. Not doing those 2 things
> would really allow for a fedora LTS.

Until someone comes up with a sound plan for an LTS deliverable that
communicates expectations on quality, I don't see a reason to just
open up the trees for random people to update random packages whenever
they want to.

But if Jesse's koper idea becomes reality, then a randomly updated
neverending repository might very well be possible inside the scope of
kopers[1].  Though source distribution requirements will need to be
thought out for kopers.

[1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos

-jef