long term support release

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:35:35 UTC 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 9:28 AM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> Ok, I am very sorry for the noise, I didn't understood that. It
> satisfies me completely... I personnally don't need this so I won't lead
> it, but I could help and I would take care of my packages in that setting.

Okay I'm going to be very very frank for a second.

It frustrates the absolute crap out of me to see aggressively vocal
proponents of an idea, falling back into the background after going
through 3 or 4 rounds of painful discourse instead of stepping up and
attempting to lead.  I don't care if i personally agree with the ideas
or not, but if I'm going to slug it out with someone in an effort to
reach a forward looking compromise that stakeholders can live with,
then I pretty much expect that person to continue to be a partner in
driving things forward.

It more than frustrates me, it hurts...deeply... because this kills
forward momentum.  I'm much more inclined to bend over backwards to
grease the wheels, with my own blood even, for someone who is
committed to making the effort to lead an idea, than I am to even hold
a door open for someone who just wants to talk about it.

This project has an infinite things that it 'could' do.  But we
absolute need people who will lead those efforts. People passionate
about that area, who can build up communities of volunteers to keep
the work moving.     Please, I'm begging you, direct your passion on
an area you can lead and if you do that I'll do what I can to help you
recruit users and contributors to increase the impact of your efforts.

-jef