Educational spin of fedora

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jan 28 07:31:05 UTC 2008

On 28.01.2008 08:22, Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
>   I am interesting in working for an educational spin of fedora
> specially for school children.
> I have seen a lot of school children [ sp. in India, not sure about
> other places in the world ] fiddle with M$ crap.
>
> I also know a lot of schools which would be really excited in using this
> software instead of paying by their nose for licensing.
>
> My initial thoughts is something on the lines of edubuntu but with our
> own packages and many more.
>
> Any body out here who want to help me with this?.

Sebastian Dziallas is working on a Edu-Spin already; see:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SebastianDziallas/Education
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SebastianDziallas/Education?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=livecd-fedora-8-education-beta-2.ks

The spin was and still is being discussed on this list; please check the
archives, in particular this thread (latest mail in that thread is just
a few hours old ;-)  ):

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-January/msg02686.html

HTH

CU