F9 for Eeepc

Chris Snook csnook at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 18:27:04 UTC 2008

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 15:39 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> I got myself an Eeepc to play around with and I'd love to get Fedora
>> running on it.  Issues that I'm aware of:
>>
>> - Ethernet driver.  Controller is an Attansic Tech L2 100Mbit Ethernet
>> Adapter (rev a0) (0200:  1969:2048).  This uses the atl2 driver.  Anyone
>> have any ideas on the chances of this going upstream?  Interestingly I
>> see this in some of the 2.0.3 files:
>>
>>     * Copyright(c) 2007 Chris Snook <csnook at redhat.com>
>
> Chris posted patches upstream on netdev a few weeks ago.  It's
> happening, though I forget if the driver had to go through another
> revision or what.  Hopefully will hit 2.6.25, though it's not in
> garzik's netdev-2.6.25 yet so it might not.

We (Jay Cliburn, the other atl1 maintainer, and I) just got a huge code dump
from Atheros.  We're currently working to integrate it into a unified atlx
codebase to support atl1, atl2, and future chips from Atheros that are based on
the same hardware.  We're hoping to get this in 2.6.25.  Anyone with an atl2
chip who wants to help test should contact me off-list.

	-- Chris