Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2008-JAN-29

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 28 23:13:17 UTC 2008

Till Maas wrote:
> On Mon January 28 2008, John Poelstra wrote:
>
>>    * Unaddressed bugs will be added to ''known issues'' list for the
>> Alpha release notes
>
> How are the Alpha release notes written? They seem not to use the Doc/Beats
> namespace.

Alpha/Beta have only one page release notes. The Alpha version draft is
at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Alpha/ReleaseNotes

Can I somehow add some information about changes in a package of
> mine or should this information only go to the final release notes of F9,
> i.e. into Doc/Beats on the wiki, once the F9 release notes will be written
> there?

Depending on how important this is to Alpha users. A major change that
users need to be aware of or test and provide feedback on needs to be in
the alpha or beta release notes. Otherwise just update the package
changes section in Docs/Beats and it would go directly in the general
release notes for Fedora 9.

Rahul