bodhi 0.4.10 features

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 29 06:01:43 UTC 2008

[...]

>> I also agree.  It seems like overkill and increases the bug load
>> unless there are tools as suggested above.  Sometimes a bug is
>> reported in F-7 but fixed in F-8 and there is nobody who can
>> investigate whether the F-8 fix works in F-7.  Is it really
>> necessary to create a new bug just for that purpose?  It's seems
>> better to move the bug to F-8, and push a new update for both
>> branches.  If it doesn't fix things in the F-7 branch somebody will
>> re-open the bug.  No big deal.

CB> Actually it can be. Once a bug gets more than two or three people
CB> commenting and supplying feedback, things get awfully complicated
CB> and you end up in a situation where no-one knows what version
CB> someone is running and it becomes time-consuming to track back
CB> over closed bugs to review who is running what.

[...]

Agreed there are certainly many situations where you need to clone the
bug and have separate bugs for each branch, especially, as you note
for kernel bugs.  I was simply arguing that it shouldn't be an
absolute hard requirement to create a new bug in every instance when a
bug is fixed in more than one branch.

Alex