Bug reporting HOWTO

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 20:54:00 UTC 2008

Felix Miata wrote:
> So, I'd like to look at that Anaconda log(s) myself, and maybe file bug(s)
> about these recurring failures. But, I have lots of broken and unreliable
> legacy devices (floppies), and no remote hosts ready to accept uploads. I do
> have plenty USB chips and hard disk partitions ready to accept log files. Why
> are there no buttons on the crash screen to upload the logs to a hard disk
> partition or memory stick? Does "Save to Floppy" really mean something else?
> If so, where's the doc?

Thats unfortunately not in anaconda, though some changes to that screen sound
like a good idea to me.

What you can do is switch to vt2 (anaconda is on vt1) and work with the shell
there.  Create a directory, mount the usb flash there, and copy logs off that
way.  The logs end up in a different spot than /var/log since its not working in
the chroot at that point, but I don't remember at the moment where the files
are.. poking around should let you find it, anaconda.log and some others.