Debian style net-install ISOs (from FudCON Raleigh)

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 02:43:35 UTC 2008

Davidson Rodrigues Paulo wrote:
> 2008/1/29, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>:
>>> I imagine the bandwidth savings for Fedora could be huge
>> Doubtful.  That DVD download is usually used more than once, while all
>> network installs will always download a whole lot of stuff each time.
>
> What about optionally generate an installation media, at the end of
> the install process, containing all packages downloaded? It would be
> an interesting feature, would it be useful? How hard would be to
> integrate revisor in Anaconda?

Anaconda and first boot have enough issues, adding an attempt to burn the
downloaded files might be a bit ridiculous.  I wouldn't mind if they cached them
all post install in an easy to access way though, and let you then burn it once
the machine is up and running.  You have a kickstart file already created from
the choices you made during install, and all the files should be there to work with.

But doing it integrated in anaconda is probably not such a good idea, installs
fail often enough as is.