Firefox and Epiphany crash after today's updates

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 19:43:23 UTC 2008

On 01/31/2008 01:54 PM, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> How are we supposed to report bugs then?
>
> - They aren't the upstream-"supported" binaries

There are no upstream supported binaries.

> - We don't know what CVS revision went into them

CVS has no concept of a repository wide revision.  So it's impossible to
tell anyway.  The date of the snapshot is generally good enough.  Even
upstream, people file bugs as "on trunk from yesterday" etc.

> - We have no clue on Fedora-specific configuration/tweaking

There really isn't much tweaking.  This is intentional.  The big
"tweaks" are pref tweaks and using system libaries of e.g. nspr, nss,
libjpeg, libpng, etc. instead of building a static copy into the
binaries, but these should in general be irrelevant to 99% of bugs
filed.  Also the other big thing is we're using FF-as-a-XULRunner app
which upstream is excited about, and wants feedback on, but should not
have any different behavior.

Bottmon line: if anyone complains about you filing a bug on Fedora
builds, let me know.  Because they shouldn't.  It's no different from
any of the major contributors of FF doing self builds of Firefox
themselves and reporting bugs.