comps.rng

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 1 12:25:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 15:25 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> If you check the 'comps' module in package CVS, you'll see the new file
> comps.rng[1]. This is a RELAX NG[2] schema for validating the grammar of
> our comps.xml files.
>
> We're hoping to rig this up to the CVS checkin procedure to ensure that
> all changes result in valid comps files. We're also going to use it as
> part of the daily acceptance testing for Rawhide.
>
> Nicolas Mailhot gets all the thanks for writing the schema - I just
> checked it into CVS.
>
> If anyone would care to comment on the undocumented[3] parts of comps -
> especially what the heck metapkg is for and whether we need it - it
> would be greatly appreciated.

1. groups cannot require other groups - only categories can require
groups:
   so this section under 'group':

<define name="groupreqlist">
    <element name="grouplist">
      <oneOrMore>
        <ref name="groupreq"/>
      </oneOrMore>
    </element>
  </define>
  <define name="groupreq">
    <element name="groupreq">
      <a:documentation>Other groups that this group requires.</a:documentation>
      <ref name="groupname"/>
    </element>
  </define>

can be removed entirely.

2. basearchonly no longer exists and is no longer honored in comps. So
you can remove this section entirely, too:
 <optional>
        <attribute name="basearchonly" a:defaultValue="false">
          <ref name="boolean"/>
        </attribute>
      </optional>

hope this helps.