openbabel SO version bump

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Mon Jul 7 08:59:41 UTC 2008

Having packaged 2.2.0 beta, I wanted to update to 2.2.0 release
when it was released. However, I didn't notice the SO version bump
(libopenbabel.so.2 -> libopenbabel.so.3), so the new version is already
in rawhide. I'm sorry about that. There shouldn't be any problems with
rebuilding applications against the full 2.2.0 release, so please do just
that.

Affected packages:
gchempaint
gnome-chemistry-utils
kdeedu
xdrawchem

I'll handle xdrawchem myself. I can also rebuild the other packages if
their respective maintainers don't do that by Sunday.

I'd like to update F-9's openbabel, too. An updated build is available
in koji (I've revoked the request to push the update to testing for now).
I ask the maintainers of the above packages to test if their F-9 packages
build and work with openbabel-2.2.0 (they should). I'd like to have
a combined update ready by Sunday, too.

Regards,
R.

Livna http://rpm.livna.org | MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu