Request to re-add option to disable SELinux - compromise

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 8 01:16:37 UTC 2008

jeff wrote:
> Well, that's a broad policy. I'm just talking about the ability to
> disable it, not removing it altogether or whatever.

That wasn't clear from your reference to the bugzilla report which was
very specifically due to the interactions between swfdec being installed
by default and issues with SELinux policy which has subsequently been
fixed.

> I'm not talking about regular users. I'm talking about users that also
> use things like reiserfs/jfs/xfs/etc. and *know* they don't want selinux.

All filesystems that support extended attributes including the above
does support SELinux too so that choice shouldn't matter much. If users
prefer to disable it for other reasons, that should be supported which
the RFE you filed should cover.

Rahul