Request to re-add option to disable SELinux - compromise

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 09:58:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 18:50 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:

> However sabotaging the installer to make it impossible for people to
> disable it at installation, now that's where I say "that doesn't make
> any sense", cf my original email.

"Sabotaging"? For crying out loud... there is no immediate need to be
able to do this at installation time, it can just as well be done
afterwards (or you can use kickstart to do it).

One question nobody has been able to answer to my satisfaction yet: Why
would it be essential that SELinux can be disabled from the installer
vs. from the installed system? Last time I checked, the plan was to get
non-essential functionality out of anaconda.

NB: zombo.com[1] lives on virtual console #2 for your SELinux disabling
pleasure.

[1]: http://www.zombo.com

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759