new RPM version and Feature process (was: Re: Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide)

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Wed Jul 9 19:34:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 20:12:58 +0200, you wrote:

>Just wondering. No, I really don't want to stop the new RPM; there are
>likely other examples (say OpenOffice 3.0) in rawhide (but going
>backwards there as hard as with RPM). But I'm more and more wondering if
>the complex Feature process is worth all the trouble and effort. The
>best thing that came out of it in F9 IMHO were the good release notes
>and great "whats new" pages. But I'd say we can have that easier.

I think the most issue of a new RPM release is the fact, that
other package like yum may interfere from it, and that they may
got issue during the installation/upgrade process of Fedora, so a
Feature process may be require from my point of view.

At last we new a failback or blocking strategy, if there should
be any severe issue which block the release fo F-10.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt