[RFC Fedora 10] kill pam_console

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 21:50:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> This is independent of PolicyKit - AFAIK, there's no GUIs for this stuff.

I thought the Authorization gui in F9 exposed the acl stuff for devices.

Following the pda example you started in the Authorizations gui tree
aka polkit-gnome-authorizations from a terminal cmdline

org
  ->freedestop
    ->hal
      ->device-access
        ->"Directly access PDA devices"

Doesn't that directly related to the acl settings for the devices
marked with the pda capability?
How would I go about getting another sort of device similarly listed
in the gui under device-access?

What if I wanted to define acls for 'serial' devices similar to what
Chris wants to do, but expose them in the Authorizations gui as
"Directly access Serial devices" similar to how the pda devices are in
fact exposed currently... what's the black magic?

-jef"I actually want to expose a USB to I2C bridge device that you
probably don't have access to, but I won't confuse things by
referencing pedantic niche hardware that you don't have access
to"spaleta