Fedora, meet OLPC. OLPC, meet Fedora.

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 08:02:38 UTC 2008

On Jul  8, 2008, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> -- the education of the world's children -- with the use of free
> software as the central component of their software strategy.

> The first opportunities are for the Fedora packagers. This work can be
> done right now, today.

Hey, can I help by keeping their kernel free from non-Free Software?

As in, any reason why they wouldn't want to use linux-libre-based
kernel packages?  AFAIK they don't even need any of the firmwares that
ship with Linus' Linux-non-libre.

I'd be quite happy to do that.  In fact, it's something that has been
in my to-do list for a while.  I installed the OLPC userland with
linux-libre for my 4-year-old daughter on her (non-X0) notebook, about
half a year ago, ninitially using Fedora non-Free kernels, more
recently with freed-ora linux-libre builds, and she has a lot of fun
(and learning :-) with it.