Attention Spin Maintainers

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 11 20:05:27 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 01:26 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Should I submit feature pages for games and xfce spin and does it have
>> to be done for each release? I am not sure I understand the purpose.
>
> The spins we do for each release can change, thus they are features.
> All the other benefits of the feature process apply to spins too, even
> if we re-do them each release.

I don't think spins should require Fedora Board approval every release.
It should be a one time thing. Technical review can be done by the spin
SIG.  Didn't FESCo explicitly vote that spins are not features? I didn't
see them reverse that decision. Besides what makes "desktop" and KDE
variants not spins?

Rahul