source file audit - 2008-07-05

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jul 14 18:53:53 UTC 2008

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 15:05:50 -0500
jeff at ocjtech.us ("Jeffrey Ollie") wrote:

> 2008/7/5 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>:
> >
> > jcollie:BADURL:python-urljr-1.0.1.tar.gz:python-urljr
> > jcollie:BADURL:python-yadis-1.1.0.tar.gz:python-yadis
>
> These two packages have been marked as dead and have been blocked from
> rawhide, I'm not sure why these are still being checked.

:(

Looks like I broke dead.package handling when trying to fix something
else. I will get this fixed for the next run. Thanks for pointing it
out.

> > jcollie:BADURL:sofia-sip-1.12.9.tar.gz:sofia-sip
>
> I'm not sure why this is marked as having a bad URL, as I was able to
> download the source tarball just fine.  Is it because the source url
> differs from the "canonical" sourceforge URL?

Yes. Any of the various sourceforge urls aside from the one suggested
by the guidelines
(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/<packagename>/<name-version>/) doesn't
work right for automated download.

My script got:

--2008-07-02 07:26:00--
http://dl.sourceforge.net/sofia-sip/sofia-sip-1.12.9.tar.gz Resolving
dl.sourceforge.net... failed: Message too long. wget: unable to resolve
host address `dl.sourceforge.net'

> Jeff

kevin