No login after KDE 4.0.98 rawhide update

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jul 14 19:45:19 UTC 2008

Christopher Aillon <caillon <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Rawhide is supposed to work.  The point of rawhide is to get feedback on
> items before we release.  If rawhide doesn't work, that makes it rather
> difficult to get feedback.  Which is the problem we hit frequently.  I'm
> pretty annoyed that many people seem to treat rawhide as a dumping ground.

You probably didn't mean to imply that anyway, but (just so people don't get
the wrong impression) I want to make clear that KDE SIG is _not_ treating
Rawhide as a dumping ground. On the contrary, KDE 4.1 is now in RC state and we
are planning to push it as an update for Fedora 9 in 2 to 4 weeks (because it
fixes many bugs in KDE 4.0 and readds some features which were lost in the
3.5->4.0 transition), so it is expected to fully work!

         Kevin Kofler