compiz and ppc64

Nikolay Vladimirov nikolay at vladimiroff.com
Tue Jul 15 15:29:49 UTC 2008

Hi!

For some time compiz wasn't available for ppc64 because of missing
libdrm. Few days ago when I reviewing some emerald bugs(since I'm the
maintainer) i noticed that there is libdrm.ppc64. So today I decided
to rebuild compiz for ppc64 and the build went fine
( http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=717203 )
Also I rebuilt emerald and it also went fine. There is some more stuff
to be rebuild:

libcompizconfig
gnome-compiz-manager
compiz-fusion

I can rebuild them or the maintainers can.
I also have no possible way of testing this so I'll mail
fedora-testing

Before rebuilding whole bunch of other stuff i was wondering:
Is this something important? For fedora ppc64 arch there wasn't compiz and
all the composing stuff, but now there is. Is this "feature" or just
some packaging bugfix?

Best Regards,
--
NV