Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 16:15:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yeah, there is actually a benefit to tarball+patches approach we take
> right now; and that benefit is that it's extremely easy to see just what
> we've done to the upstream package, and it's usually really easy to
> extract those changes and push them upstream.  You don't want a
> mega-diff that includes 20 specific patches.

I know of at least one example currently in our cvs where we went from
a set of separate small patch files to one encompassing patch file.  I
think it was a diff from git. If we move to more advanced vcs are we
going to have a harder time keeping patches separated? Or is it just a
matter of education on how not to reach for the easy to produce mega
patch shortcut?

-jef