[RFC] Package Updates/Bodhi Notification Content Policy?

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Jul 24 23:51:11 UTC 2008

> +1 for that.  The policy Peter proposes is, quite frankly, going to be
> ignored --- it's far too much work to lay on package maintainers.

With respect, a simple "Add feature foo and fix bug bar" seems to me
very little extra work at all. Even for my own packages when there are a
lot of such notable changes, I include some of the most major in the
Bodhi comment, then a link to the full upstream changelog - so it would
not be terribly different from your idea alone...perhaps somewhat of a
superset (if I may use the term loosely enough).

> Not to mention that Bodhi hardly provides an interface conducive to
> composing large, complex update messages.

You can create one single file for the update notice, then merely use
that in combination with the CLI bodhi-client utility. See
https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/wiki/CLI for more details. Copy/paste
with some minor editing (for the branch and dist tag) doesn't seem
terribly difficult. =P

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479