livecd-creator unmounting temp image, running daemons.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 08:45:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> The squsashfs-tools/kernel module on the fc7/8 live disks is to old to
> mount the squashfs.img created on the newer f9 box.

Interesting. F7 contains squashfs-tools-3.2-1, vs 3.3-2 in F9 and the
changelog doesn't say anything too explicit about a break on storage
format.

Two things look suspicious - sparse files support and the change in
default block size.

> Think you would need to include, maybe recompile, the squashfs-tools rpm
> from the f9. Then I think you'll need to recompile the kernel module and
> include it in the initrd. I can't recall when this update to squashfs
> occurred, but I believe it was tied to a kernel update between fedora
> releases 8-9. so I'm not sure if the above will even work.

Sounds complex. I will try going in the opposite direction: downgrade
the package on F9 or pass flags to disable the new fanciness.

thanks for the hints!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions