OT: (?) Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 10:26:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 07:40:52AM +0200, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> * Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> [20080728 06:47]:
> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Would it be possible to create a Fedora-policy ML and get people to
> > > stop spamming (either willingly or by using blacklists) the main MLs?
> >
> > Basically you want a mailinglist for all the discussions that
> > experienced users and contributors are tired of seeing repeated?
>
> Jeff,
>
> comp.os.linux.advocacy - something along those lines. If you call it
> "fedora-advocacy", "fedora-politics" or
> "fedora-welcome-to-where-idiots-roam", I don't really mind.

Seconded. I've given up on the fedora-list for the most part, and its driving
users way from the Fedora project. I don't care if its fedora-ranting, or
just fedora-without-alexanfre-and-les we set up but soemthing needs doing
before it has a debian-legal like toxic effect on the whole userbase

That or the fedora board could actually tell them to shut up and kick them off
if they don't