OT: (?) Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:11:50 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 12:54 +0200, Anders Karlsson wrote:
>
>> Something equivalent to the Code Of Conduct that Canonical
>> implemented. It worked on the ubuntu lists. No reason it would not
>> work here.
>>

> I've got no problem with a separate list. I have A LOT of problems with
> a code of conduct for fedora.
>
> -sv

I agree with Seth.
Most of the "flame-fest" threads mentioned, while mostly boring,
idiotic, and several other adjectives
I can think of... they do, on occaision, produce *something* of value,
albeit rarely.

Shall we ban idiots, simply because they're moronic?
How about we just shoot 90% of the world and be done with it?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> You miss my point. Are these discussions valuable or not. If they
> are not... then we shouldn't make a place for them.... period.  I
> don't see anyone who actually standing up and saying these things are
> valued and thus worth preparing a special place for in our resource
> pool.  If we are only considering making more channels so some of us
> can ignore others among us because they are talking about things we
> don't care about... I'm not prepared to support that.
>
> I'll consider supporting additional dedicated communications channel
> for things when the people who find value in the discussion in
> question ask for a dedicated list. They must be able to make the case
> that such dedicated communication will actually be useful in helping a
> team of people work together towards some identified task or goal
> which helps moves the project forward.
>
> -jef"I never read what I write, my spam filter it smart enough to flag
> my own posts as trash"spaleta

They are *sometimes* valuable... in the sense of a room full of monkeys
on a typewriter will eventually produce
the works of Shakespear. I'd seriously consider supporting it... if for
no other reason than the rare pearl it'll produce.

max wrote:
> How can a discussion of open source and the GPL be harmful to Fedora
> or Red Hat?
> In what bizarro universe does that even begin to make sense.
>  People that don't find the conversation useful should ignore it, that
> is after all what mail filters were created to do.
>  People that understand and respect freedom don't advocate censorship
> in any form. If you don't have the discipline to ignore the
> conversation then that's your problem.
>
> I am willing to accept that perhaps I have missed the point of the
> Fedora Project entirely. So maybe one of you generous souls  could
> enlighten me.
>

> -Max

I could not have stated that better myself.
If ya'll are going to insist on censorship and bureaucracy... please let
me know...
I've got a lot of other distros to look at if that's the case.

I've been around Fedora/Redhat since ~1998/9... mostly because I'm
stubborn...
and I'd really hate to have to kick it to the curb.

No Censorship in *ANY* form... period.
Lyos Gemini Norezel