Pungi as CD installer build tool

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 16:59:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 19:01 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Looking around, pungi seems to be the right tool for this, but some of
> the documentation options are confusing, and it doesn't seem to like
> the F7 repos I've thrown at it in my early lukewarm attempts. I am
> happy to debug things through (and join the fedora-buildsys-list), but
> I would really appreciate some hints as to whether I'm on the right
> path, or perhaps I should be using something else.

Pungi is mostly meant to run for the release it exists on.  So if you
wanted to compose F7 releases, you need to run the F7 pungi on F7.  This
is due to a number of reasons, mostly the APIs of the tools it uses as
well as the kernel version that will be booted, etc...

F7's pungi was really a first attempt and I don't think it was that
good.  Rawhide's pungi is far better, but in some of the problems I
discovered along the way we've fixed in other pieces of software like
yum and anaconda.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!