Presto

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Wed Jul 30 01:13:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 20:39 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Bodhi works for updates.  What are you going to do for rawhide?  We
> _really_ want it working on rawhide first to get good testing.

As another plus, Rawhide tends to have far more churn than a stable
release (daily updates of a few hundred MB often are not unexpected from
my experiences).

Having a delta-based update system would decrease these amounts
considerably (especially for mass-rebuilds and similar), which could in
turn give more people (such as dial-up users, etc.) the opportunity to
help test/break it. :)
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479