Pungi as CD installer build tool

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jul 31 13:00:32 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 09:06 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> Are there other good alternatives I should be considering?
>
> There is reviser, not sure if it landed in F7 timeframe.  It puts a gui
> on top of things, has some of it's own code for the things that pungi
> does, although it does use bits and parts of pungi.

It landed on FUDCon Boston, February, 2007, ~1.5 months after pungi and
livecd-tools were initially announced, and -at the time- still in full
development.

Just to set the record straight, Revisor had a CLI right from the
beginning as well.

Right now, that CLI is way more powerful then you'd want to get any
users involved with. What you do with the Revisor GUI only gets you so
far, what you *can* do with the Revisor CLI might very well confuse you
initially. Not to mention the configuration options which are not
exposed as CLI parameters.

There's no limit to what it can do, and enabling use-cases like yours is
Revisor's target. So, if you find anything in the compose process that
just doesn't work for you, let me know.

Most of the documentation is on http://fedorahosted.org/revisor/wiki

-Jeroen