Firefox and Moonlight (Mono) "Free Software" Status?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 2 09:43:52 UTC 2008

Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:

> Also, I really don't think that Free Software should require an
> affirmative confirmation of license acceptance to allow use of that
> software, especially when what one is "accepting" is the revocation of
> one's rights WRT that software.

This is correct which is which is why I asked the person complaining
about this on fedora-test list to file a bug report which has already
been done. So further comments should go there.

> IMHO this is non-Free, and obviously both Debian and FSF agree with me,
> since they have each forked Firefox.

Debian forked because the logo is non-free and FSF has forked earlier
due to non-free components like talkback which we didn't include in
Fedora. Export controls do not make a software non-free according to
FSF. Refer

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeSoftwareAnalysis/FSF

Rahul