Fedora 9 Cell processor packages

Aidan Delaney a.j.delaney at brighton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 16:29:08 UTC 2008

Benjamin,
On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 09:29 -0500, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> What are the details of this argument? I thought that 4.3.x natively
> supported cell/SPU. What problems are you running into?
GCC 4.3 natively supports the SPU target.  However you need to build gcc
with SPU code generation support.  This would be in a similar vein to
the avr-gcc currently available in Fedora.

> Perhaps an additional item or place to start on this might be a
> cross-compilation package for x86 to SPU.
Any spu-gcc package will build on x86, x86_64 and on Cell (the
architectures I have available for testing).

--
Aidan Delaney