Firefox and Moonlight (Mono) "Free Software" Status?

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Jun 3 21:09:56 UTC 2008

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 12:16:26PM +0200, Guido Ledermann wrote:

[...]

> > Rui, no offense, but did you read what this thread is about? We are
> > not talking about how good programs are or if we like or use them or
> > not.

> Yes, I did, no offense taken of course. My point is precisely that there are
> *better* alternatives (both in the sense of Freedom and technical).

Sorry, but "better" is in the eye of the beholder... and Fedora is not in
any way limited in the number of packages it supports, quite the contrary:
The more, the merrier. If you don't see any use for a package, don't
install it. As long as the interested parties do the heavy lifting of
handling the package for Fedora, what do you care?
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513