strange koji build failures...?

Ondřej Vašík ovasik at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 08:44:53 UTC 2008

Alex Lancaster wrote:
> MT> Maybe coreutils-6.12-1.fc10 should be untagged?
> > Perhaps the coreutils on Koji's mock pulls from somewhere else...
> I can also confirm two similar build failures, both with "touch":
>
> f-spot:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=644642&name=build.log

Problem likely caused by gl_futimens() (which is used in install,cp,mv
and touch) and quiet old koji xen kernel.
I had issues with failures of touch test suite in the past - as
futimensat call returned absolute nonsense number(filled as #442352). It
seems to be changed - now kernel returns ENOSYS(at least it seemed so as
coreutils-6.12 test suite was failing due this). I used recent patch
from upstream which fixed test suite failures. Now it seems that the
issue is not fully fixed and it still needs some improvement. Strace of
the failure is on the way(building ;) ) and I hope it will help me to at
least workaround the issue with koji build asap.

Ondrej Vasik