Packaging issues with files section for my future coq package

Alan Dunn amdunn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 18:26:51 UTC 2008

I'm trying to package the Coq theorem proving system.

My goal is to create a main package with the system and then a
subpackage for the (optional) IDE. I've written out a spec file, and
it does compile (that is, I can generate rpms with "rpmbuild -bb
SPECS/coq.spec"), but this process generates quite a number of "file
listed twice" warnings that I would like to eliminate like:

warning: File listed twice: /usr/lib/coq/contrib
warning: File listed twice: /usr/lib/coq/contrib.cma
warning: File listed twice: /usr/lib/coq/contrib.cmxa
warning: File listed twice: /usr/lib/coq/contrib/field
warning: File listed twice: /usr/lib/coq/contrib/field
warning: File listed twice: /usr/lib/coq/contrib/field/LegacyField.vo
warning: File listed twice: /usr/lib/coq/contrib/field/LegacyField.vo
warning: File listed twice: /usr/lib/coq/contrib/field/LegacyField.vo

(the duplicated warnings are listed multiple times in the output, as
are many files)

I thought that somehow things could've gone wrong in the files list
that I generate to use in the %files section via:

find %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/coq -fprint coqlibfiles
sed -i -e "s|%{buildroot}||" coqlibfiles
cat coqlibfiles >> coqfiles

but none of the files are duplicated in the coqfiles file

%files -f coqfiles
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc CHANGES COMPATIBILITY COPYRIGHT CREDITS INSTALL INSTALL.ide
KNOWN-BUGS LICENSE README
%doc %{_mandir}/man1/coq*
%doc %{_mandir}/man1/gallina.1.gz
%doc %{_mandir}/man1/parser.1.gz