Packaging question: /usr/share/gnome/help ownership

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 05:20:58 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Michel Salim <michel.sylvan <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Should applications that put files under /usr/share/gnome/help be
>> required to own it (or depend on yelp)?
>
> Own it maybe, depend on yelp definitely not, at least not in anything which
> ends up on the KDE spin (e.g. the system-config-* tools required by Anaconda).
> We don't want the whole xulrunner stack on the KDE spin, we don't have room for
> it. (We use Konqueror as the browser on the KDE spin, not Firefox.)

Err... the last time this came up it was successfully argued that having
"Help" fail to work was a bug.  The initial idea was to have something
within the GNOME stack require yelp but I believe that failed because of
circular dependencies.

So if this will cause problems because of system-config-* dragging in
xulrunner we need to come up with some other way of solving the
help-won't-display bug.

-Toshio