Some highlights about MediaWiki for noobs :)

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at
Tue Jun 10 16:27:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 09:49 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at>
> wrote:
>         Pages, which are good candidates for merging, can be found
>         there:
>         List of users:
>         List of lonely pages:
>         I found that many users still didn't link their new login-name
>         with
>         their old personal pages.
> My page has very little content, so I just created my new page and
> copied the content over.  Now I can't figure out how to delete the old
> page.  Is there a good site where a mediawiki newbie like me can learn
> how to get around?

There is a link from there at the top of the page to deeper/richer
MediaWiki help.

What you are looking to do is to move your old UserName page to your new
User:Userid page.  This plus a bit more is described here:

The wiki gardening crew hangs out in #fedora-docs to help with all of

- Karsten
Dev Fu :
Fedora :
gpg key : AD0E0C41