Requirements gathering for new package source control

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jun 10 20:58:05 UTC 2008

2008/6/10 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:

> Well that depends on how long we want to kick around with cvs.  If we
> want to wait until we're using !specfiles, it's likely going to be quite
> a while.

I don't think workflow changes implies !specfiles - just perhaps not
specfiles exactly as they are today.

For example, one simple change we could make when also switching to a new
revision control system is to dump the duplicate changelog in the spec
file.  Mandriva for example I believe generates them from the SVN log when
creating SRPMs.