(no subject)

Iain Arnell iarnell at epo.org
Wed Jun 11 18:53:26 UTC 2008

A long time ago (2007-04-06 06:29:59 GMT), Nicolas Mailhot stated
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2007-April/msg00254.html):

> you can't package JBoss properly if you don't package a JVM, Fedora
> will only package FLOSS code and the consensus seems to be it's more
> efficient to wait for the actual Java 7 SUN GPL release than make gcj
> feature-complete enough for JBoss. If no JBoss packages appear in Fedora
> after this JVM release, please yell.

I realise that openjdk doesn't strictly meet the stated conditions,
but surely close enough that I can yell...

WHERE ARE THE JBOSS PACKAGES IN FEDORA?

Or, are there any secret redhat plans/projects to move the existing
packages from JBEAP into Fedora (and hopefully into EPEL too)? It
seems that a large chunk of the work has been done already.