Requirements gathering for new package source control

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jun 12 18:18:01 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 12 juin 2008 à 09:50 -0400, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 08:51 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Iff you have access to all architectures Fedora tries to support and iff
> > Fedora repos were consistent (Which they often aren't)
>
> It's nearly impossible for all the Fedora repos to be "consistent" with
> the buildsystem, particularly because people want what they just built
> available in the buildroot to build other things against.  We can't do a
> continual stream of changes to the rawhide directory throughout the day,
> that's just begging for mirrors to slaughter me.

IMHO someday we should look at completing the mirror tree with a proxy
tree. It would work much better for continuous updates as seen on
rawhide. With apache including mod_proxy these days, that's not even a
matter of making mirrors add squid to their arsenal, just suggest them a
good rawhide mod_proxy config.