Vendor tags

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 18:54:45 UTC 2008

Just FYI in case you see me around your packages - there are some
packages that have weird vendor tags in the built RPM in F9. Some that
came directly from FC-6 still have a vendor tag of 'Red Hat, Inc.' and
some from the early days of koji have a vendor tag that says Koji. I'm
making sure that vendor is not in the spec file for all of these,
bumping, and rebuilding in rawhide. Having the same vendor tags as
RHEL cause problems in various circumstances, so I thought this would
be a good (small) cleanup project for F10. I'm also taking the
opportunity to fix any license tag issues that I find.

If your packages have ACL's (a lot of them that I'm running across),
I'm filing bugs against them to have you rebuild and consider removing
ACL's. All of these bugs will have the status whiteboard of
'badVendor'

Thanks!
-Jon